Jackson County Agritourism Geo-Trail and the GPS Adventures Maze
Welcome to the Home Page for the 2020 Jackson County Agritourism Geo-Trail Kickoff event and GPS Adventures Maze. Here you will find everything you need to know about the most ag-maze-ing geocaching event weekend in Jackson County, Georgia!
Here’s the who, what, when, where, and why around this ag-maze-ing weekend!!
- Who: Groundspeak, The Texas Geocaching Association, and the local “Moo Crew” are working hard to bring this to you!
- What: Geocaches, events, games, fun, GPS Adventures Maze, and of course, the kickoff of the Jackson County Agritourism Geo-Trail!! The trail will include 12-15 stops with many new gadget caches, and the opportunity to earn a coin when the trail is completed!
- When: Activities will take place Saturday, April 4th, 2020 – Sunday, April 5th, 2020 with exclusive VIP activities on April 3rd. Click here for the calendar and list of events.
- Where: Jackson County, Georgia is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Atlanta, right off I-85. Caches and activities will take place across the county!
- Why: Jackson County is a leader in Agritourism and will be opening it’s brand new , state of the art Agricultural Center in 2020. To highlight Jackson County’s leading role in Georgia Agritourism, we are creating a new Geocache Trail . This all-new trail follows in the footsteps of the very popular Jackson County Heritage Trail! To make the kickoff even more exciting, we’ve arranged a number of events and caches, including the VERY rare GPS Adventures Maze!
Tons of Other Fun!!
The kickoff event weekend will feature tons of fun activities! We’ll have activities at the event, contests, lots of giveaways, and fun games! Additionally, there are other caches in Jackson county worth checking out! (specifically, the original Jackson County Heritage Trail). Make it an ag-maze-ing weekend!!!
Jackson County Agritourism Geo-Trail (JCAT) and Kickoff Event!
The all-new Jackson County Agritourism Geo-Trail will launch on Saturday, April 4th, 2020. We will be hosting a kick-off event from 9 AM to 2 PM that day to celebrate! If you are planning on attending, please log a “Will Attend” on the cache page here to let us know you’re coming!
The trail will include 12-15 stops with many new “gadget” style caches that span the agritourism highlights of Jackson County. Your journey will cover roughly 80 miles and will take 12-15 hours to complete! Note that if you have purchased a package which includes the JCAT coin, your coin is guaranteed. There is no need to rush. Take your time and enjoy the caches and all Jackson County has to offer.
Before you head out on the trail, you’ll need to grab a passport. At each cache location, once you have signed the log, you’ll stamp your passport. You can exchange your completed passport for an exclusive JCAT coin!! To be guaranteed a coin, be sure to check out our store and purchase one of our ag-maze-ing packages. Every person who buys a “Sweet as Honey” or a “Friends For-Heifer” package will be able to turn in their completed passport for a coin. Those that have not purchased a package will have an opportunity to purchase a JCAT coin while supplies last. Please note that coin quantities will be extremely limited! To guarantee your coin, be sure to visit our store and view our various packages!
There is no cost to attend the event or find the geocaches on the new JCAT Geo-Trail!
GPS Adventures Maze, Georgia
To help make the kickoff of the Jackson County Agritourism Geo-Trail the most ag-maze-ing event EVER, we have partnered with Groundspeak and the Texas Geocaching Association to bring the GPS Adventures Maze to Georgia! This is a very rare geocaching opportunity to view this exhibit. The Jackson County event will be the second time the maze has been hosted in the United States since 2014, and the first time ever in Georgia!
If you are planning on attending, please log a “Will Attend” on the cache page here to let us know you’re coming!
The Exhibit is an educational and interactive experience to share content and information about Geocaching. It provides something of interest for everyone – from the first time cacher to the “Charter” members.
A GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit Event cache icon will be available to those that complete the Exhibit and sign the log after completing the maze.
The GPS Adventures Maze exhibit is free for all people to visit! It will be open on Friday, 4/3 for early VIP access and open to the public on Saturday 4/4 and Sunday 4/5.
Be sure to review our calendar of events here. You can also find the event on the Geocaching site here.
Also, keep checking back as we’ll be adding more things in the weeks to come!
There are three ways to support the JCAT and Georgia GPS Adventures Maze:
- Volunteer: We will need volunteers to help with the events, the maze, and the new JCAT caches. Check back later for information on volunteering!
- Shop: There is no cost for participants to visit the GPS Adventure Maze or the JCAT caches. However, if you buy one of our packages, your purchase will help cover the costs to bring the maze to Georgia and hold the event. In exchange for helping us, you’ll get some cool coins and trackables! Additionally, the name badge wallet will get you some discounts at local Jackson County businesses!
- Sponsor: For those that really want to step up, we have a number of sponsorship opportunities available! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info and we will contact you!